|PAWS for READING
On November 13th, the Laurel Ridge MS Library will
kick off the next reading incentive program. Through December 14th for every 20
minutes that you read and record at www.scholastic.com/paws a book will be donated to charity by the Scholastic Book
Clubs. The library will have reading logs for you to use if you do not wish to
record your minutes online. The Laurel Ridge library will continue the program
until January 6, 2013.
How do I participate?
1) Stop by the library, chose to be
either on the Cat Team or the Dog Team, and pick up more information.
2) Read every day between now and when
we return to school in January.
3) Record your minutes online at www.scholastic.com/paws or on a reading log that you can pick up in the library.
4) On or before December 14th, print out your online minute total
and then use a reading log from 12/14/12 to 1/6/13 to record their minutes.
5) On January 7th, hand your minutes in to Mrs. Duncan
in the library.
6) Prizes will be handed out the week of
minutes – Participants will receive a certificate, 1 prize point to spend in
the prize closet, and a chance to win the Paws for Reading raffle prize.
minutes – You will receive a certificate of participation, 5 prize points, and
2 entries in the raffle drawing
minutes – A certificate of participation, 7 prize points, and 3 entries in the
minutes or more – A certificate of participation, 10 prize points, and 3
entries in the raffle drawing
prize points expire at the end of the school year.