Are you interested in participating
in the Laurel Ridge Middle School & Scholastic Summer Reading Challenge?
- You can use the reading log provided to keep track of how many minutes you have read or you can record your minutes online.
- To log your minutes online, go to www.scholastic.com/summer, go to the ‘Kids’ section, choose ‘Register’.
- Now choose ‘Register Here’ and follow the instructions to create your screen name and password. Remember to write down your screen name and password.
- If you have an account from last year, you can use that one.
- After you have your screen name and password, your parents will need to approve your account via email.
- Once you have your parent’s approval, you can go to www.scholastic.com/summer, select the ‘Kids’ section, choose ‘Register’, and then choose ‘Log In’.
- Now that you are logged in, you can record the minutes you have read. Just enter the number of minutes you have read each day and then choose ‘Log My Minutes’.
- On September 6th, please choose the ‘Print Logged Minute’. You will need to hand in the print-out from http://www.scholastic.com/ups/campaigns/src-2016/kids/ ,
- Hand in your reading log into the library by Friday, September 9th at 3pm.
- Prizes will be awarded the week of September 12th.
Here’s an idea:
Read the ORCA books and the Oregon Battle of the Books over the summer and
participate in those reading programs next school year.